Thursday, May 22, 2008

USPTOExaminers.com (A website to help IP professionals to anonymously review, rank and learn about patent/trademark examiners)

According to the website, USPTO Examiners (www.usptoexaminers.com) “is a website designed for professionals to anonymously review, rank, and learn about a patent examiner or a trademark examining attorney who works at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).” Law Firms are also reviewed. The site’s motto is “We Examine the Examiners.”

The owners of the site are anonymous. In addition, the comments are anonymous, but pointed. As an example, the following comment was recently published about a particular examiner (named on the site):

“The work I have reviewed from him plainly indicates his incompetence. I have had to appeal every case where he was the examiner. And I got him reversed at the Board every time. I think he falls into some kind of job protected category. That is the only reason I can think of why he has not been fired.”

You can also find positive comments about particular examiners, such as the following:

“I have called Primary Examiner Truong several times regarding my searches. Primary Examiner Truong is helpful and knowledgeable about the topic and the classification system. If you are trying to do a search, I recommend calling Primary Examiner Truong. If Primary Examiner Truong is not available I recommend calling Primary Examiner Mendoza in the same Group Art Unit.”

The post is published on Patently-O.com. The excerpts between the owner of the site and the author of patently-O can be read here.

No comments: