Monday, June 30, 2008

Watson Launches Generic Marinol Capsules

Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a leading specialty pharmaceutical company, announced today that, under a supply agreement with Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Watson has launched the authorized generic version of dronabinol in the 2.5, 5 and 10 mg once daily dosage strengths. Dronabinol is the generic version of Solvay Pharmaceuticals' MARINOL(R) (dronabinol) CIII Capsules, indicated to treat nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conventional antiemetic treatments. Dronabinol is also indicated to treat anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). For the 12-months ending December 2007, Solvay reported MARINOL(R) sales of 105 million.

The details can be read here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that more companies are provide more people with options when it comes to medication during chemotherapy.

I remember when I was going through chemo treatment the nurses notice I wasn't responding with the normal medication to calm down my nausea and vomiting. I refused because at the time I wanted to vomit as much as my body could handle cause I thought it would be better to get the chemo out of my system as fast as possible.